Chicken and Strawberry-Spinach Salad. While I love this salad written as is, it's incredibly easy to modify to fit your dietary preferences. It's time to give this simple Strawberry Spinach Salad with Chicken (or no chicken) a try! I love strawberries in my salad, I could eat this all summer long, especially when strawberries are at their peak.
Bright greens and red strawberries come together in a whirlwind of color and flavor in this main-dish salad. Luckily this spring salad made with chicken, spinach, strawberries, and cashews is exactly that. The recipe makes use of vitamin-packed produce and healthy fats so you'll finish your main feeling virtuous and satiated. You can have Chicken and Strawberry-Spinach Salad using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Strawberry-Spinach Salad
- It’s 3 T of apple juice.
- You need 2 T of strawberry spreadable fruit.
- It’s 2 T of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken breast, boneless and skinless.
- You need 8 c of spinach.
- Prepare 1 c of strawberries, halved.
- You need 1/4 c of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- It’s 2 T of walnuts, finely chopped.
Instead of using store-bought dressings that tend to be packed with preservatives and. This salad is a great way to celebrate strawberry season. Buy the freshest fruit you can find and rinse it just before using. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, blue cheese, and almonds and toss with enough of the dressing to coat.
Chicken and Strawberry-Spinach Salad instructions
- In small bowl, mix juice, spreadable fruit and vinegar..
- In skillet with cooking spray, cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside..
- To skillet, add strawberry mixture stirring any chicken drippings loose..
- Slice chicken and place on bed of spinach. Top with strawberries and cheese. Drizzle with strawberry dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts..
- MASON JAR LAYERS (bottom to top): Dressing Chicken Strawberries Walnuts Spinach Romaine lettuce Cheese.
Arrange the salad on a platter or plates. The combination of spinach, strawberries, almonds, and goat cheese is a classic for a reason. Salad bars and the airport quick-grab kiosks have done the spinach and strawberry salad a real disservice, I think. Drizzle with remainder of dressing and serve. Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Avocado Recipe – This simple grilled chicken salad is made with fresh spinach, sweet berries and creamy avocado, then tossed with a quick balsamic dressing.