Kandi‘s Tuna Salad Special.
You can have Kandi‘s Tuna Salad Special using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kandi‘s Tuna Salad Special
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1/2 of white onion sliced thin.
- You need 1 clove of garlic sliced thin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of goat cheese crumbled (or grated parmesan if preferred).
- Prepare of Tuna Salad.
- You need 1 can of flaked light tuna.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot shaved.
- It’s 1/2 of stalk celery chopped finelyo.
- It’s 1/3 cup of hot pickled banana peppers chopped finely.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mayo.
- Prepare of Sriracha (or fave hot sauce).
- It’s of Bowl.
- You need of lettuce of choice (i would have used baby spinach).
- You need 1 of tomato sliced into thin quarters.
- It’s 1 of avocado sliced into thin quarters (optional).
- Prepare of Salad Dressing.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of balsamic vineager.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayo.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of salad spice.
Kandi‘s Tuna Salad Special step by step
- Prepare salad dressing, mix all ingredients in a bowl and place in fridge until salad is ready.
- Heat pan or griddle to medium-high. Slice onions and garlic..
- Add sliced onion and olive oil to a bowl, toss, add to pan or griddle and cook over medium high until translucent/starting to brown, add sliced garlic, cook 2-3 mins and remove from heat.
- While onions/garlic cooking, prepare all Tuna Salad ingredients in the bowl used to toss the onion, mix well.
- Prepare two bowls with the lettuce, then tomato and then avocado (optional).
- Scoop half of Tuna Salad over each bowl.
- Top each scoop of tuna with the fried onion+garlic, then crumbled goat cheese or grated parmesan, then the salad dressing. Fresh cracked pepper is great on salads too! Enjoy!.