Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing. This spinach and strawberry salad is topped with a fabulous homemade poppy seed dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. The only Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe you will ever need!
Strawberry Spinach Salad and Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing. One of my favorite dishes when strawberries are in season! This strawberry spinach salad is an easy and beautiful recipe with luscious cinnamon and honey dressing. You can have Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing
- It’s 1 of roughly 12 oz. bag of spinach for salad.
- Prepare 6 of strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters or sixths, depending on their size (see notes above for substitutions).
- It’s 1/8-1/4 of red or white onion cut into very thin slices (later in the year, the onions tend to be stronger and hotter).
- You need of optional: cubed avocado and toasted almonds, walnuts, or pecans.
- You need of For the dressing:.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of light soy sauce (start at 3).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 3-3.5 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like the dressing. Honey and agave nectar are good substitutes.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of minced shallots (onion is fine in a pinch).
- It’s 1 Tablespoons of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of vegetable or light olive oil.
The combination of strawberries and spinach may seem strange, but it has become a classic in American cuisine. The sweet and juicy strawberries are the perfect complement to the. Not only does this strawberry spinach salad include nutrient-rich spinach, avocado and strawberries, but the dressing also packs a healthy punch. My strawberry spinach salad does just that, as it's full of fresh fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, nuts, seeds and high-quality cheese.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing instructions
- Combine all dressing ingredients except oil in a bowl and stir or whisk until all sugar is completely dissolved..
- Taste and adjust seasoning before whisking in oil. If too salty (different soy sauce brands vary in saltiness), try adding a teaspoon of water. Too sweet? Try adding just a dash more soy sauce and Worcestershire. As a general rule, I adjust seasoning before adding the oil because the oil coats the tongue and makes it hard to taste the underlying flavors..
- Whisk in oil..
- Arrange salad veg/fruit on platter and serve dressing on the side. If you're planning to dress the salad before serving, do so immediately before serving as spinach wilts easily..
- Enjoy! :).
Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe With Poppy Seed Dressing – Everyone loves this easy strawberry spinach salad recipe with poppy seed dressing! Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing is the perfect spring inspired salad. This is the perfect side dish for Easter, but This gives sooo much space to the strawberries and the Poppy Seed Dressing. Not that I don't like all the other salads, too. But this one is the one.