Roast Pumpkin and Pinenut salad. The roasted pumpkin is sweet and juicy, the feta adds pops of salty creaminess, the pine nuts add a warm, earthy crunch, the freshness from spinach, all lightly dressed with a Honey Balsamic Dressing. You really don't need that much dressing for this salad. This salad is very simple to prepare and is absolutely delicious!
Roast pumpkin and pine nut salad is a great way to put a new spin on an old classic. Make roast pumpkin and pine nut salad with help from a talented and dedicated Manhattan chef in this free video clip. Expert: Jason Tilmann Filmmaker: Sarosh Syed. You can have Roast Pumpkin and Pinenut salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast Pumpkin and Pinenut salad
- You need 2 cup of Pumpkin, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Pinenuts.
- You need 3 cup of Baby Spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Danish Feta, cubed.
- It’s 1/4 of Cucumber, cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 of Avocado, cubed.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato, cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 1 of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of Rock salt.
Place the pine nuts in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until pine nuts are golden (once golden remove to a ceramic dish so the pinenuts do not continue to cook Add feta and pine nuts. Once pumpkin is ready, add to salad bowl. Place pumpkin and garlic on baking paper lined oven tray.
Roast Pumpkin and Pinenut salad step by step
- Place pumpkin and pinenuts on a baking tray. Sprinkle with nutmeg and rock salt and roast at 160° until pumpkin is soft..
- Once cooked allow to cool..
- Arrange all ingredients on two plates. Drizzle with your choice of dressing. Balsamic works well..
- If your more of a carnivore add some fried diced bacon..
Toss spinach leaves with dressing, top with pumpkin, avocado, feta, and pine nuts. Toss spinach leaves with dressing, top with pumpkin, avocado, feta and pine nuts. This gorgeous salad was one of the most popular salads we made. It is so simple and easy, yet so tasty and nobody could pick the dressing! So as my Christmas present to you, here is my roasted pumpkin salad with its (now not-so) secret dressing!