Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing.
You can cook Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing
- You need 1 of roughly 12 oz. bag of spinach for salad.
- Prepare 6 of strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters or sixths, depending on their size (see notes above for substitutions).
- It’s 1/8-1/4 of red or white onion cut into very thin slices (later in the year, the onions tend to be stronger and hotter).
- You need of optional: cubed avocado and toasted almonds, walnuts, or pecans.
- You need of For the dressing:.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of light soy sauce (start at 3).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 3-3.5 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like the dressing. Honey and agave nectar are good substitutes.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of minced shallots (onion is fine in a pinch).
- You need 1 Tablespoons of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of vegetable or light olive oil.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing step by step
- Combine all dressing ingredients except oil in a bowl and stir or whisk until all sugar is completely dissolved..
- Taste and adjust seasoning before whisking in oil. If too salty (different soy sauce brands vary in saltiness), try adding a teaspoon of water. Too sweet? Try adding just a dash more soy sauce and Worcestershire. As a general rule, I adjust seasoning before adding the oil because the oil coats the tongue and makes it hard to taste the underlying flavors..
- Whisk in oil..
- Arrange salad veg/fruit on platter and serve dressing on the side. If you're planning to dress the salad before serving, do so immediately before serving as spinach wilts easily..
- Enjoy! :).