Beetroot, lentil and goats cheese salad. This lentil salad is healthy, luxurious, but best of all, it's quick. Use any mustard you have to hand and feel free to add fried bacon instead of goats' cheese. Put the mixed leaves into a serving bowl and top with the hot lentils, the quartered beetroot and the sliced goats' cheese.
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Lentil, Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Salad. A delicious and light beetroot and goats cheese salad that should feature at every BBQ and picnic. You can cook Beetroot, lentil and goats cheese salad using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beetroot, lentil and goats cheese salad
- Prepare 1 of x 400g tin green lentils.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Wholegrain mustard.
- You need 50 g of cooked beetroot, finely diced.
- It’s of Large handful spinach, wilted.
- You need 4 of cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- You need 1/4 of avocado, finely diced.
- You need 35 g of goats cheese.
We are all about the salads at the moment and we are on a mission to show just have versatile and filling a salad can be. Once you have a bed of subtly dressed greens, your options are almost endless. Beetroot goes well in this simple-to-assemble salad. Season with salt and pepper and shake again.
Beetroot, lentil and goats cheese salad instructions
- Drain lentils and gently heat in small saucepan with tsp oil.
- Wilt spinach and plate up.
- Finely dice beetroot, tomatoes, avocado and goats cheese.
- Once lentils are warm, take off heat and add 1 tsp Wholegrain mustard, salt and pepper.
- Tip lentils onto spinach, add tomatoes, avo and goats cheese.
- Top with a drizzle of tahini.
This quick salad of warm beetroot, creamy goat's cheese and fine textured lentils makes a substantial vegetarian lunch. Crumble the cheese over and serve immediately. This salad combines sweet roasted beetroot with earthy Puy lentils and creamy goat's cheese. Peel the beetroot if you prefer. Beat the dressing ingredients together and set aside.