Lime'n'thyme salmon with quinoa basil salad. This refreshing lemon-basil quinoa salad is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next gathering. We really enjoyed this tasty refreshing quinoa salad Manella! Served with grilled sock-eyed salmon and corn-on-the-cob it was a wonderful light summertime meal.
I briefly wrote about this in this Honey Thyme Balsamic Grilled Chicken, but I'm going to say it again. The mix of millet, quinoa, and buckwheat in this blend is really hearty, making it perfect for adding on a delicious dressing. by Alyssa Rimmer. This recipe has lime, cilantro, quinoa, black beans, and just a little chili sea salt. You can cook Lime'n'thyme salmon with quinoa basil salad using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lime'n'thyme salmon with quinoa basil salad
- You need of Salmon 400gm (substitute -Tilapia).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Thyme (fresh or dry).
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil for saute/grill.
- It’s of Quinoa basil salad.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cleaned and washed quinoa, boiled(substitute-boiled corn.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion.
- You need 1 of medium tomato.
- You need Handful of basil leaves(substitute-coriander).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 1/2 of avocado.
- You need Handful of greens_lettuce/ spinach.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 8-10 of Almonds.
It paired wonderfully with salmon patties. Will be picking up another lime so I can mix up the other half for lunch thus week. This main dish salad recipe features quinoa, which contains more protein than any other grain. Edamame makes a tasty substitute for lima beans.
Lime'n'thyme salmon with quinoa basil salad step by step
- Clean and wash the salmon. Mix salt, pepper, garlic paste and thyme in a plate. Coat the fish from both sides and keep in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile wash the greens. Chop onion, tomato, basil leaves into bite size pieces. Mix them with boiled quinoa or corn. Add salt and pepper to taste, drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice..
- Slice the avocado and almonds. Heat a heavy bottomed skillet or grill pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil and fry the salmon from both sides. Begin from skinless side first for 5 minutes. Turn and cook from the other side for 4-5minutes or until done. The actual time will depend on the size of the fish..
- To assemble the salad, add the leaves in a salad bowl, toss in the quinoa or corn. Add the almonds and avocado slices. Serve with hot grilled salmon and lemon slices. Enjoy!!.
Edamame makes a tasty substitute for lima beans in this recipe. For an attractive presentation, serve the salad on a bed of baby greens or spinach. Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Rub evenly with oil, salt, and pepper. While fish cooks, combine kale, quinoa, All-Purpose Citrus Dressing, and grapes in a bowl; toss to combine.