Not Your Average Tuna Salad.
You can cook Not Your Average Tuna Salad using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Not Your Average Tuna Salad
- Prepare 1/2 of Little Gem Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cucumber.
- It’s 1 of spring onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Spinach.
- You need 1/2 of Apple.
- You need 1/4 cup of Red Grapes.
- It’s 1/2 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion.
- You need 1 can of Tuna in Sunflower Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chopped Almonds.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tsp of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green Finger Chilli.
Not Your Average Tuna Salad instructions
- Shred the lettuce and spinach and add to the bowl.
- Dice the cucumber, avocado, apple, spring onion and tomato and add to the bowl.
- Add the grapes to the bowl.
- Drain and dry the tuna, and place it in a separate bowl..
- Combine with mayonnaise, lemon juice, paprika and the green finger chilli.
- Mash this all together.
- Mix your salad well, then add the tuna mix and top with flaked almonds to serve.
- As an alternative, you can make this with smoked salmon instead – equally nice. shown in photos :).
- I eat salad for lunch pretty much every day,and it is usually a variant of this recipe. The key to a good salad is to shred everything well and keep all the parts chopped small. It allows you to combine several different flavours in your mouth at once rather than just one large lettuce leaf 🙂 which can be a bit boring. With this tuna recipe, because everything is small, it often mixes with the leaves and everything gets a bit of that lovely tuna taste! I don't even use salad dressing on this one..