Steakhouse Salad w/ A1 Dressing.
You can have Steakhouse Salad w/ A1 Dressing using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steakhouse Salad w/ A1 Dressing
- It’s 1 lb of sirloin steak.
- You need 2 t of applewood seasoning.
- You need 1 of shallot; thin half moons.
- Prepare 6 of mini bell peppers; thin half moons.
- It’s 1 of avocado; medium dice.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic; creamed.
- Prepare 1/2 C of mayo.
- It’s 1 T of A1 steak sauce.
- You need 1 t of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 t of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 C of French fried onions.
- You need 2 handfuls of spinach/arugula mixed greens.
- You need As needed of canola oil.
- You need As needed of kosher salt and black pepper.
Steakhouse Salad w/ A1 Dressing step by step
- Rub steak with applewood seasoning and black pepper to taste. Allow steak to sit at room temperature for 1 hour..
- Whisk together mayonnaise, steak sauce, red wine vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper..
- Saute peppers and shallots with a pinch of salt and pepper on high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until shallots become caramelized, about 5-8 minutes..
- Remove shallots mixture from heat. Immediately add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 10 seconds..
- While shallots and peppers are cooking, heat up a cast iron pan with a touch of canola oil until nearly smoking..
- Sear steak on high heat for approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Let steak rest 3-5 minutes..
- Cut steak thinly against the grain..
- Toss greens and diced avocado with dressing as close to service as possible..
- Plate dressed greens, veggies, steak, and then garnish with French fried onions..
- Variations; Diced bacon, liquid smoke, pickled or raw red onions, caramelized bone marrow or onions, malt vinegar, sherry vinegar, raspberry vinaigrette, fried shallot rings, croutons, roasted bell peppers or garlic, worcestershire sauce, H1 sauce, other cuts of steak, pork, chicken, fish, roasted vegetable medley, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, celery root, dehydrated onions or garlic, onion soup mix, giardiniera, lawry's seasoning salt, roasted poblano or jalapenos, fresno peppers, crushed.
- Pepper flakes, grilled romaine, asparagus, basil, allspice, apricot, almonds, broccoli rabe, cabbage, carrots, swiss chard, goat cheese, cognac, brandy, rum, corn, barley, couscous, creme fraiche, dates, escarole, figs, ginger, hazelnut, kale, lemon, maple, orange zest, parsley, pears, pecans, pineapple, pine nuts, plums, pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, quince, quinoa, sour cream, Southern Comfort, acorn squash, brown sugar, sunflower seeds, walnuts, whiskey, yogurt.