Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette. Sweet and spicy Asian chopped salad with a sweet and spicy vinaigrette. Meal prep and pack for lunch. Of course, I had to publish my recipe for Thai Chopped Salad with Chili Ginger Vinaigrette.
The golden brown fillets are beautifully presented on a bed of bok choy with a dramatic lime-ginger sauce dotted with dark oyster sauce and colorful nori-lined taro lumpia, or spring rolls. MahiMahi with Smashed White Beans and Sage Recipe. Roast Salmon and Broccoli with ChileCaper Vinaigrette Recipe. You can have Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette using 31 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette
- It’s of Fish:.
- It’s 1 lb of mahimahi, cut into 4 pieces (chicken or shrimp would make a great substitute).
- You need 1/4 cup of jerk seasoning (see below).
- Prepare 3 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut.
- It’s of Salad:.
- Prepare 8 cups of mixed greens or spinach.
- Prepare 2 cups of mango, cubed.
- Prepare 1 cups of halved cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped basil.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, cubed.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of blueberries.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crushed cashews.
- Prepare of Chile Ginger Vinaigrette:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of orange juice.
- You need 1 tbs of cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 (1 inch) of knob fresh ginger.
- You need 1 of red fresno chile, seeded.
- It’s of Freshly ground salt and pepper.
- You need of Jerk Seasoning: (Store bought works too!).
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground all-spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
A nice salad on the side and you have dinner. If you have jerk paste hanging around, mahi-mahi is substantial enough to hold up to the bold spices. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Brush remaining ginger oil over fish.
Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette step by step
- Make the jerk seasoning by putting all the ingredients in a glass jar and shake to combine. Store the excess for future use..
- Make the fish. Sprinkle the mahimahi with jerk seasoning. Rub with 2 tbs of olive oil to coat. Press coconut onto fish to adhere..
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining tbs of olive oil over medium. When it shimmers, add the fish, and sear 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes more, or until flakey and opaque..
- Make the salad. In a large bowel, toss together the greens, mango, tomatoes, basil and cilantro..
- Place warm fish on the salad. Add avocado. Sprinkle the salad with coconut, blueberries, and cashews..
- Make the vinaigrette. Blend together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, ginger, chile, and a pinch each of salt and pepper..
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and enjoy!.
Mahi-mahi is coated with a chili seasoning, grilled, and then flaked and piled into warm tortillas and topped with a grilled mango salsa. [Photographs: Joshua Bousel]. The light flavor of mahi-mahi gets a boost from a chili run and grilled mango salsa in these fresh and fruity tacos. Try Chef Maka's refreshing Grilled Mahimahi tonight. If you can't get fresh basil, you can easily substitute Italian Parsley or Oregano in the vinaigrette. Suggested Beverage Pairing: Apothic Red Blend.