Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing. Great recipe for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing. This is a kid favorite salad in our house as well as a crowd pleaser for picnics, BBQs, and potlucks for the tasty mashup of fruit, veg, and sweet savory tangy dressing. I'm making it for Thanksgiving this year to make.
It's hearty and filling with the grilled chicken but also cool and refreshing thanks to the strawberries and cucumbers. This spinach and strawberry salad is topped with a fabulous homemade poppy seed dressing.. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion.. You can cook Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing
- Prepare 1 of roughly 12 oz. bag of spinach for salad.
- You need 6 of strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters or sixths, depending on their size (see notes above for substitutions).
- You need 1/8-1/4 of red or white onion cut into very thin slices (later in the year, the onions tend to be stronger and hotter).
- It’s of optional: cubed avocado and toasted almonds, walnuts, or pecans.
- Prepare of For the dressing:.
- You need 3-4 Tablespoons of light soy sauce (start at 3).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 3-3.5 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like the dressing. Honey and agave nectar are good substitutes.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of minced shallots (onion is fine in a pinch).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoons of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of vegetable or light olive oil.
Fried and crumbled bacon, then added all dressing ingredients till sugar dissolved. Toss over spinach and strawberry salad. It is a perfect candidate for Easter or Mother's Day brunch when strawberries are in season. I always buy pre-washed organic baby spinach, so I can easily add it to a salad bowl right before mixing.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Soy Worcestershire Dressing step by step
- Combine all dressing ingredients except oil in a bowl and stir or whisk until all sugar is completely dissolved..
- Taste and adjust seasoning before whisking in oil. If too salty (different soy sauce brands vary in saltiness), try adding a teaspoon of water. Too sweet? Try adding just a dash more soy sauce and Worcestershire. As a general rule, I adjust seasoning before adding the oil because the oil coats the tongue and makes it hard to taste the underlying flavors..
- Whisk in oil..
- Arrange salad veg/fruit on platter and serve dressing on the side. If you're planning to dress the salad before serving, do so immediately before serving as spinach wilts easily..
- Enjoy! :).
This recipe is immensely high fat and high sugar. This Asian strawberry spinach salad is a fresh, delicious lunch or light dinner, with a dressing infused with soy, ginger and lime, and the unexpected sweetness of the strawberries is the perfect balance to the tartness of the other ingredients. Add spinach, strawberries, almonds, sesame seeds, and feta. Gently toss until spinach is evenly coated with dressing. All Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad – of Reviews.